World Press Photo Digital Storytelling Contest 2019 (Win a trip to the Festival in Amsterdam)
Deadline: January 8, 2019.
Entries are open for the World Press Photo Digital Storytelling Contest 2019. Digital technologies have transformed how we produce and consume stories. The World Press Photo Digital Storytelling Contest rewards those producing the best forms of visual journalism enabled by these changes.
2019 Digital Storytelling Contest categories
- Interactive: An interactive visual story or project in a form other than video, which through its design creates an immersive and/or innovative experience for the user. It must include photography and/or film in combination with (but not limited to) animation, graphics, illustrations, sound or text.
- Long: A single linear narrative, or series of linear narratives, on a single topic, produced as a video for the web, and lasting no longer than 30 minutes in total. The production(s) must include photography and/or film in combination with (but not limited to) animation, graphics, illustrations, sound or text.
- Short: A single linear narrative, produced as a video for the web, lasting no longer than 10 minutes. The production must include photography and/or film in combination with (but not limited to) animation, graphics, illustrations, sound or text.
- All 3 nominees in each of the 3 categories are invited to the World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam.
- A representative from each of the nominated productions will have their travel and lodging paid for by the World Press Photo Foundation.
- The nominees in each category will receive a diploma and a Golden Eye Award, presented during the annual Awards Show.
- The contest is open to digital storytellers, visual journalists, producers, and entry coordinators, with submissions that include the work of a professional visual journalist.
- Every visual journalist must provide valid proof of current professional status. Examples of documents that count as proof include, but are not limited to:
- letter of reference from a photo agency, photo editor, media organization, publication, production company;
- membership document from a recognized press, photography or film association, which represents professional members;
- Proof of publication of (audio)visual material from 2018 or 2017, with your name visible as credit in either online or print format from a recognized media organization or publication;
- journalism union membership card;
- press card
- The visual journalist(s) must be the author(s) of the material submitted in his/her/their name.
- The visual journalist(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the material.
- Agents or representatives entering on behalf of a production team confirm, by entering, that each member of the production team accepts all the entry rules.
- Entries in all categories must have been produced or first published in 2018.
- All entries must include the contact details of the visual journalist(s) and of the production’s contact person.
- All entries must include a title, synopsis and complete list of the production team.
- All productions must either have English-language audio and/or text or must be subtitled in English.
- Entries must be submitted via the official contest platform. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted.
- Entries in all categories must be available online. The URL’s for the productions entered must be provided when submitting through the entry website.
For more information, visit World Press Photo.