Journalismfund European Cross-Border Grants for Journalists 2019 (Round 1)
Deadline: January 14, 2019
Applications are invited for the Journalismfund.eu European Cross-Border Grants 2019. The aim of Journalismfund.eu is to promote quality journalism in Europe by giving journalists the chance to carry out journalistic research projects.
With the grants, Journalismfund.eu will support professional journalists who have good ideas for cross-border research and for research on European affairs. The stories must be relevant for European target groups. The project should be one that, in principle, could not be realised in this format within the remit of regular journalism – a project that can include cross-border research, networking between colleagues, established and innovative investigative methods and that is at the same time original, innovative and intensive.
- Journalismfund.eu supports costs related to journalistic research for all media. This can include travel, translation, access to pay-databases or simply time to research. In 2019, there is €175,000 to distribute over four application rounds.
- Journalismfund.eu supports journalists living in a Council of Europe country (geographical Europe). When relevant for the story, team members from elsewhere can be accepted, too;
- Applicants must be working as professional journalists;
- Only natural persons are eligible;
- Students are not eligible;
- Journalists who were previously allocated a Journalismfund.eu working grant can reapply, but the jury will include the result of previous working grants in their evaluation of the new application.
For more information, visit Journalismfund.eu.