AGRECOL Overseas Internship in Ecologically Oriented Agriculture 2019
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Applications are open for the AGRECOL Overseas Internship in Ecologically Oriented Agriculture 2019. The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) in Germany offers internship placements and travel stipends for students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries.
In 2019, the Association can arrange two internship placements in ecologically oriented agriculture with partner organisations in South America (Mollesnejta, Bolivia) and in West Africa (Agrecol-Afrique, Senegal). The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
- The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia or Senegal.
- Open to the students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries;
- Have basic knowledge and/or experience in managing organised groups (for small-scale production, processing and marketing of agricultural products);
- Have their own laptop or notebook that they can use during the internship;
- Have basic knowledge about (ecological) agriculture;
- Are interested and sensitive in working with smallholder farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- Are dynamic, open and committed;
- Show high levels of self-reliance and self-organising capacity
- Have a sufficient command of Spanish (Bolivia)/ French (Senegal) to be able to work in this language (interview will be made by Skype with Agrecol–Andes/Afrique);
- Are under 30 years of age.
The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia)/French (Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish (Bolivia)/French (Senegal), should be sent by email as one PDF file to [email protected] and [email protected] (Matthias Görgen).
For more information, visit AGRECOL.