Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Southeast Asia Innovation Programme 2019 (Fully funded to Singapore)
Deadline: January 5, 2019
Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Southeast Asia is now accepting applications for the YSI SEA Innovation Programme 2019. This is a fully funded innovation programme that focuses on shaping you into a social innovator, and enabling you to work in strong teams to create lasting solutions to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
They specialize in forging strong regional teams and supporting them during their initial phases of running an impact company. By pushing the frontiers of online working, we bring together youths from across Southeast Asia to unite in their efforts to creating viable startups addressing pressing issues in the world.
- Online Programme: 15th Feb 2019 – 7th July 2019. You will start by working with a team of diverse and deeply passionate individuals from all around Southeast Asia. The outcome of this phase is to have a tested product or prototype prior to coming to Singapore.
- Singapore Programme: 18th July 2019 – 29th July 2019. The programme includes a fully-funded trip to Singapore for 10 days. Here, teams meet each other physically for the first time, and continue to refine their business models in preparation for the business pitches.
- Conference & Showcase: 28th July 2019. Your Demo Day – Pitch to YSI SEA’s select group of investors, incubators, and businesses. Sell your idea and build partnerships to grow your startup. In the afternoon, showcase your ideas to the public and interact with social enterprises which are doing great work to push sustainability.
- Post-Programme Follow Up: 29th July onwards. Upon completion of the 5 months, you will transition into the YSI SEA fellowship where the goal is to create long-term traction for your company. YSI SEA is here to help every step of the way.
Entire program will be fully funded.
YSI programs are 100% free for all participants and it includes a fully funded trip to Singapore (including flight, accommodation and food). You will live in Singapore from 19th – 30th July. It does however take a lot of time, and it’s expected to use between 15 and 25 hours each week from April 15th – July 30th.
- 18 – 25 years old’s (they do encourage slight rule-breaking for those over 25)
- Residents of (or those born in) Southeast Asia
- Those with a passion for sustainability and/or their areas of expertise
- Those willing to apply as an individual to work in a diverse team of 3 co-founders
- Round 1: Basic information (open for all till Jan 5th 2019)
- Round 2: Value alignment (only for selected applicants)
- Round 3: Online interviews (only for selected applicants)
For more information, visit YSI Southeast Asia.