African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) Business and Management Learning Program 2019/2020
Deadline: December 18, 2018
African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) is now accepting applications for its second cohort. AWEC is a one-of-a-kind, high-touch business and management learning program that runs for 12 months. AWEC focuses on applied learning and collaborative experiences to ensure immediate business impact and the creation of a pan-African network of entrepreneurs, experts and allies.
Are you an aspiring or experienced female African entrepreneur interested in supercharging your leadership, business and management skills? Are you seeking a supportive sisterhood on what is often a solitary entrepreneurial journey? Would you relish the opportunity to grow your network, expand your skills, strengthen your brand, and be mentored by a senior business professional? Are you willing to dedicate 4-6 hours a week for the next 12 months to becoming a more strategic and savvy business owner? If so, apply to African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC).
AWEC is a catalyst for impacting not just the individual business or NGO, but entire communities all across the continent. In the program feedback from our current cohort, 60% of participants reported an increase in their level of business management expertise and 50% reported an increase in revenue growth.
AWEC’s innovative blended learning model leverages:
- Live video learning sessions led by world-class business and academic experts
- Peer sessions that apply new learnings, develop soft skills, and build a pan-African peer network
- Course activities – delivered through a highly-interactive online learning platform – that encourage knowledge application and cross-cultural collaboration
- Mentoring by senior business professionals
- Constructive feedback on assignments from instructors, teaching assistants, and peers
- Leadership Summits that take place twice per year in Africa and provide in-person training and networking opportunities
AWEC embraces diversity and inclusivity. We encourage those who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Women who were born in and do business in any African country; members of the diaspora are welcome to apply, but their business or NGO must have impact on the continent
- Established entrepreneurs who demonstrate business clarity OR aspiring entrepreneurs with clear business concepts that they are committed to developing and implementing over the course of our 12-month program
- Those interested in advancing their business and management skills, as well as growing their companies and their leadership capabilities
- Self-starters who demonstrate passion, resilience, leadership, collaboration, and empathy
- Proficiency in English, which is the official language the program
- AWEC is open to women entrepreneurs working in any industry
Successful participants help to build our community by contributing their knowledge and experience, learning from others, and using what they learn to continue building their businesses and supporting the growth of fellow cohort members’ businesses
For more information, visit AWEC.