Deadline: January 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Clean Energy Ministerial/Mission Innovation Youth Program 2019. The Tenth Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM)/Fourth Mission Innovation (MI) Youth Leaders Forum is a first of its kind opportunity for young people around the world. Participants will get to be part of two innovative Ministerial that are working to unite governmental action to deliver our sustainable future.
Fifty participants will be selected to engage their communities on clean energy and innovation and then participate in the youth forum alongside the upcoming CEM10 / MI-4 Ministerials held in Vancouver, Canada, May 26-29, 2019.
This is an incredible opportunity for young people to engage with governments and clean energy companies from Canada and around the world and connect with leading minds in the global clean energy transition. They will look to highlight stories that showcase the increased role of women in energy; the use of and development of innovative technologies; empowering local-level leadership; increasing regional energy access; innovative investment and finance; equity and inclusion in energy.
- Two of the highest quality submissions from youth will be identified to receive a travel bursary to fund their attendance and will be given special opportunities to present their clean energy stories.
- Student Energy will additionally award 3 full/partial bursaries based on financial need to ensure diverse representation of youth
- For all participants who do no receive a bursary, Student Energy will provide resources on how they could potentially seek and/or raise funds to attend.
- You must be interested in and enthusiastic about clean energy and innovation. Participants will be selected based on their experience, work, projects, and ideas. They will also be looking to involve delegates that represent the diversity of all CEM/MI member countries. Work you can share in your application could include (but is not limited to) the following: research and design in energy, community energy projects, Clean Energy Projects/ Events, advocating for clean energy advancement, engagement of your peers and community etc.;
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 – 30;
- Participants must have a valid passport by May 2019, and obtain a visa to travel to Canada if required;
- There will be a preference for participants who reside in a member country of CEM/MI: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, the United States and the European Commission: ( Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia);
- Applications for the CEM/MI Youth Forum will be accepted from participants residing in countries that are not included in the list above. In the event that applications are not filled from certain member countries, special consideration will be given to applicants from non-member countries of CEM/MI to attend the youth forum;
- Selected participants will share media with the purpose of highlighting their clean energy story. Participants must be comfortable with sharing content such as images, video, diagram to showcase their projects and accomplishments.
For more information, visit CEM/MI Youth.