BBC Broadcast Engineering Apprenticeship Program in Wales 2019
Deadline: December 18, 2018
Are you fascinated about the way things work and love solving problems? Do you want an amazing experience, a salary, and get to go to university as well? Apply for the BBC Broadcast Engineering Apprenticeship Program in Wales 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity to get into the world of work, earn money, and gain a degree in Broadcast Engineering. The degree is fully funded, including your accommodation whilst at university. You’ll get to work at the heart of technology at the BBC and with their industry partners, all while studying for a degree in Broadcast Engineering.
You’ll have a main BBC base, but you will spend periods away on study. Through a series of university taught modules and industrial experience they will prepare you as the new generation of Broadcast Engineers to help build and support the future business. You will develop an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of operational and technical systems, as well as equipment and their use in the fast-moving broadcasting industry. You will rotate through engineering teams responsible for installing, fixing and maintaining the studios and equipment, and will also do placements with other departments working on engineering projects.
- An annual salary of around £14,250 (outside London) or £18,810 (inside London)
- Valuable experience working on exciting projects at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations
- 25 days’ annual leave and a range of flexible benefits
- They are not looking for work experience but throughout the application process they will be asking for evidence that shows your passion for technology;
- As this is a degree scheme they need strong academic performance. The minimum academic criteria is at least 112 UCAS points (300 if before 2017), including a Maths A level or equivalent qualification or closely related subject;
- You will love solving problems and seeing how things work and like having a go at fixing things, or designing and building things yourself.
For more information, visit BBC.