Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) Global Distinguished Service Awards 2019
Deadline: January 18, 2019
Nominations are open for the Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) Global Distinguished Service Awards 2019. The award recognizes individuals, groups or institutions for distinguished service in any field associated with conservation biology and whose work has furthered the mission of SCB. Individuals may also be nominated for the following special categories of Distinguished Service Awards.
- The Edward T. LaRoe III Memorial Award: Given to an individual who has been a leader in translating principles of conservation biology into real-world conservation. Preference is given to employees of government agencies or individuals who have spent at least part of their career in public service. The intention of the award is to recognize the innovative application of science to resource management and policy.
- The Early Career Conservationist Award: Honors achievements in conservation by professionals early in their careers (no more than 10 years since leaving school). SCB does not apply an age criteria in order to enable eligibility for individuals who might have come to conservation as a second career.
- The Conservation Beacon Award: Recognizes women of marginalized and multiply marginalized status that are traditionally under-served within higher education. Inclusive of this group are women of colour, low socioeconomic status, women with disabilities, trans women, first generation women scholars, lesbians and other intersections that result in under-served women in higher education.
Award winners will be honored in front of their peers at the SCB’s 2019 International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB 2019) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (July 21-25, 2019).
- Open to scientists and institutions around the world who have extraordinary contributions to conservation and the preservation of Earth’s biodiversity.
The following is required to nominate an individual or an institution for a 2019 SCB Service Award:
- 2019 SCB Service Award Nomination Form.
- At least two (and no more than three) letters of support for the individual / institution up for nomination.
Submitting Your Nomination:
- Please include the name of the nominee and the award type in the subject line of your email (i.e. Juan Pérez – Early Career Conservationist Award Nomination).
- Letters of support may be pasted into your nomination form or submitted separately as PDF or Word files.
- All materials (nomination form and letters of support) should be submitted together, in one email.
Complete and return the nomination form and letters of support to [email protected] by January 18, 2019.
For more information, visit SCB Award.