Irmgard Coninx Prize Fellowship for Transregional Studies 2019/20 for Postdoc Researchers
Deadline: January 31, 2019
The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien and the Irmgard Coninx Foundation invite postdoctoral researchers in the humanities and social sciences to apply for the Irmgard Coninx Prize Fellowship for Transregional Studies in the framework of its research programs. The Prize Fellowship consists of one research fellowship of up to 10 months and is awarded to a project dealing with a particular research question that relates disciplinary and area-based knowledge in mutually beneficial ways.
The winner of the award will be able to carry out a research project of his or her own choice and to participate in the scholarly activities of one of the above-mentioned research programs at the Forum. Like the other Fellows, he or she will be affiliated with a research institution in Berlin. The prize will be awarded by a joint jury of the Forum and the Irmgard Coninx Foundation.
- As a rule, the fellowships starts on 1 October 2019 and ends on 31 July 2020.
The Forum Transregionale Studien is a research organization that provides scope for collaboration among researchers with different regional and disciplinary perspectives and that appoints researchers from all over the world as Fellows.
In cooperation with universities and research platform in and outside of Berlin, it carries out research programs and initiatives that examine other regions of the world and their relationship to Germany and Europe systematically and with new questions. One central goal of its work is to bring together the research perspectives of the area studies and those of the systematic disciplines in order to more closely integrate theory and local knowledge.
The Forum Transregionale Studien cooperates with the Max Weber Stiftung. The Forum is funded by the Land Berlin; its research programs and initiatives are funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and by private foundations.
- Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 2,500 € plus a supplement depending on their personal situation.
- Organizational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided.
- Applicants should have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years.
- Fellows are obliged to work in Berlin and to contribute to the ongoing discussions at the Forum.
- The working language of the fellowship is English.
An application consists of
- a curriculum vitae
- a project description (no longer than 5 pages, including a brief summary) stating what the scholar will work on in Berlin if granted a fellowship, and to which program of the Forum the project relates to
- names of two university faculty members who can serve as referees (no letter of recommendation required).
The application should be submitted as one PDF file in English and should be received by 31 January 2019, sent by e-mail to:
Forum Transregionale Studien
Attn: Georges Khalil
For more information, visit Irmgard Coninx 2019.