United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA|HR) Fellowship for Young African Professionals 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 10, 2019
Applications are invited for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Fellowship for Young African Professionals 2019. The program aims to provide practical, on-the-job experience to young professionals as they prepare for a career in research and international development and the public sector.
It will also provide the candidate with the opportunity to familiarize with the Commission’s broad program and services to member States and sub-regional bodies in addressing economic and social dimensions of Africa’s development priorities.
- Macroeconomic policy, Economic Governance & Public Finance;
- Private Sector Development & Finance, including Innovative Finance & Capital Markets;
- Poverty, Inequality and social development,
- Gender equality and women empowerment;
- Demographic Dynamics for Development;Innovation and Technology;
- Climate Change & Management of Natural Resources, including Green Economy;
- Industrialization and Economic Diversification Policies;
- Development Planning and Statistics;
- Regional Integration; Infrastructure and Trade;
- Labor Economics and Employment.
- Fellows will receive a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and the assigned duty station;
- A one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000 and a monthly stipend of USD 3,000 for the duration of the fellowship. Note that the final month stipend will only be paid upon submission of a peerreviewed fellowship research paper, a comprehensive fellowship report, an approved final performance evaluation of the fellow, a completed fellowship program evaluation form and an exit boarding pass or immigration stamp showing that the fellow has departed the duty station and returned back to his/her home country, where both are not the same, at the end of the fellowship program.
- Candidate must be a national of a United Nations Economic Commission for Africa member State;
- The candidate must have graduated before March 1, 2019 from either a Masters Degree or doctorate degree or equivalent;
- Should have interest in one or more of the identified thematic areas;
- Selected candidates will work on a predefined project, designed to contribute to specific aspects of the work program of the mentoring Division, Sub-Regional Office or ECA Centres, and contribute to other activities;
- Participate in national, regional or international meetings as assigned for exposure;
- Submit a peer reviewed research paper at the end of the assignment;
- And will be part of an alumni association of ECA Fellows and member of practicing international development “community of practice”
- Candidates applying for the position must be 35 years of age or below, at the time of the application;
- Fellows must be available to travel to the assigned station by March 1, 2019.
Candidates must submit their applications together with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- UN Personal History Profile (PHP). This can be created at http://inspira.un.org
- A research proposal of not less than 1,000 words (in candidates’ preferred thematic area listed under General Information)
- Copy of academic certificates
- Copy of applicant’s national passport (information page only), and;
- Three letters of reference/recommendation
Applications with all the supporting documents should be emailed to RecruitmentPPost@un.org, bearing the appropriate subject line ECA Fellowship for Young African Professionals, Ref. No. HRS29-05-05-03
For more information, visit UN ECA.