African Leadership Institute Project Pakati 2019 Call for ChangeMakers and ChangeLeads
Deadline: January 7, 2019
Project Pakati – through the African Leadership Institute – is calling for 150 ChangeMakers and three ChangeLeads to work on a youth representation project. The purpose of Project Pakati is to create spaces and opportunities where young people can identify synergies and collaborate, resulting in the execution of collective agendas and activities that drive the African developmental agenda forward.
This is a great opportunity for you for a number of reasons:
- It gives you the platform to play a role in shaping the Africa you want by using your voice to help achieve youth representation.
- It is a learning opportunity to learn from your peers from many other African countries who you will collaborate with on the platform
- It is a platform to broaden your perspectives on many issues affecting youth and young leaders on the continent.
- It’s about building your personal legacy.
- It’s about access to an incredible network of other young people and professional networks.
- It’s an opportunity to gain different skills.
- It’s about building up your track record of delivering on results.
- Preferred candidates are people who, by their actions, achievements and the values and principles by which they conduct their affairs, have demonstrated they are action-oriented and results-driven leaders.
- They are seeking energetic young African leaders who are tired of the status quo and want to contribute to making a difference.
- They are to be between the ages of 18 and 40 years of age.
- Candidates can come from any sector of society (business, social entrepreneurs or civil society).
They are looking for candidates with diverse educational and work experiences but they must demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- A doer who is results-oriented
- Able to devote some time to work on the project
- Committed to serving his/her constituency (stakeholders/cause) and community ahead of self-gratification.
- Confident, optimistic with high energy
- Visionary, strategic and forward thinking
- Systemic thinker – ability to assimilate, simplify and channel complex ideas
- Passionate about the development of Africa
- Citizen of an African country and must be currently living in Africa.
Additional Requirements for ChangeLeads
- The ChangeLeads will be experts in their respective fields who will have the responsibility of guiding the Changemakers and steering the youth representation project.
- They will, in turn, report to the Project Development Sub-Committee of the Youth Advisory Board.
They are seeking three ChangeLeads who will work together in a complementary manner, with backgrounds in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Knowledge and/or experience working with youth engagement in civil rights and youth rights
Candidates, who wish to apply as either a ChangeLead or as a ChangeMaker, are required to submit a letter of motivation (max 400 words), their CV and a brief bio. Their experience of involvement in socio-economic development work, if any, must be outlined.
Candidates are required to submit their application documents by email to Josias Ambeu by January 07, 2019. (Note – This date supercedes previous deadlines.)
Selection of the successful candidates will be completed by the 21 January 2019. Selected candidates will be notified by email of their successful selection and will be required to sign a Commitment Form before joining the Project Pakati Digital Platform, Workplace by Facebook.
For more information, visit Project Pakati.