Call for Nominations: AIDF Africa Innovator Of The Year Award 2019
Deadline: January 18, 2019
Nominations are open for the AIDF Africa Innovator Of The Year Award 2019. This award celebrates individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Africa over the past year.
The aim of the award is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward-thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive African progress towards Sustainable Development Goals.
- The award winner will benefit from extensive media coverage and industry recognition for their achievements in humanitarian aid and development.
- The recipient will be awarded the following:
- A crystal award at the AIDF Africa Summit 2019
- Free registration for the AIDF Africa Summit 2020
- A press release announcing the award winner will be published on aidforum.org as well as the event website with details of the winner’s initiatives, research or inventions that made an impact on the global humanitarian aid and development sectors over the past year
- Social media endorsements by AIDF
- Nominations are open to individuals who work within the humanitarian aid and development sector;
- An award can be based on the work of a team but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team’s behalf;
- Self-nominations are allowed;
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this award program;
- There is no submission fee, however, if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form.
- Inspired innovation: Nominees should exhibit a thoughtful, creative and innovative approach to resolving humanitarian and development challenges in Africa over the past year
- Proven impact: The initiatives, research or inventions that nominees have introduced or implemented should demonstrate a positive impact on solving global humanitarian aid and development challenges in Africa
- Building on success: Nominees should be looking to enhance and grow the impact of their initiatives, research or inventions to accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goals, including future plans to take their idea to the next level
- All finalists should be available to attend the awards ceremony on February 2, 2019 at Trademark Hotel, Nairobi
For more information, visit AIDF.