Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) Travel Grant 2019
Deadline: Open all year round.
Applications are open for the AfOx Travel Grants. The overarching aim of the scheme is to foster the development of new collaborations and the scheme is not intended to be used as alternative support for already established collaborations.
The grants are provided by The Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) and support the establishment of new academic or research collaborations between researchers in African countries and their collaborators at The University of Oxford. AfOx is a cross university platform which facilitates equitable and sustainable partnerships between The University of Oxford and African institutions and ensures that Africa remains a strategic priority for the University.
- The Travel Grant can be used to cover costs of travel (in either direction i.e. University of Oxford, UK to an institution in Africa or vice versa), accommodation and incidental expenses to a maximum of £5000 (it is anticipated that visits in general will be for periods between 1-8 weeks).
- The travel award may cover more than two people and additional individuals should be named under ‘Purpose of the Grant.
- If awarded funds must be spent within one year. Administration of the award will be the responsibility of the home department of the Oxford applicant including visa, travel and other financial expenditure.
- Applications are made jointly between an academic or researcher based in an institution in Africa and a member of staff at The University of Oxford.
- Application are open to all disciplines. Where applicable please indicate how your project addresses a particular challenge linked to development issues.
The application will be reviewed and applicants will receive feedback within 7 days. Applicants will be required to submit a brief report within one year of the award to give details of outputs arising from the collaborative visit.
For more information, visit AfOx Travel Grant.