British Council Ghana Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project 2019
Deadline: January 9, 2019
Applications are open for the British Council Ghana Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project 2019. The aim of the Project is to provide young Ghanaians with holistic learning and development opportunities to create jobs for themselves and others leveraging on their core skills and the local economic opportunities. The project is funded by GIZ and is managed by the British Council.
The project is in 3 stages
- Stage 1: 3200 Successful applicants will receive; 5-day short term entrepreneurship training
- Stage 2: 400 start-ups of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 4 months business Incubation services
- Stage 3: 90 businesses of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 3 months business acceleration services
The project is targeted at Ghanaians who are
- Between 18 – 35 years
- Entrepreneurs/interested in entrepreneurship
- Returnee migrants
- Young women
- Out of school youth
- Under-represented individuals within urban districts of Accra, Kumasi and Sunyani
The following materials are required for complete application:
- Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- Why you want to be an entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- What benefit you hope this program will provide your business idea/ business?
- A copy of a valid ID
For more information, visit British Council Ghana Jobs for Youth.