Hot Job: Become UN Women HeForShe Program Manager – New York, USA
Deadline: January 16, 2019
The UN Women is seeking someone who is organized to work effectively, sees order in (seeming) chaos and prioritize accordingly, relishes the opportunity to work with colleagues from around the world, and has excellent interpersonal skills to become their HeForShe Program Manager.
The Program Manager is a key member of HeForShe senior management, supporting the oversight and coordination of all functions. S/he develops and participates in major decisions to ensure delivery of UN Women’s goals and financial results.
The ideal candidate is expected to be a hands-on leader capable of handling operations and play an advisory role to the Senior Advisor from whom much of the day to day responsibilities of managing the HeForShe initiative will be transferred to this new Program Manager role. S/he is responsible for maintaining and improving operational excellence and supports the analysis of results achieved during implementation and supports their documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Refine the HeForShe strategy and approach
- Manage the implementation of HeForShe
- Manage the Youth Engagement Strategy for HeForShe
- Build partnerships and provide support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide guidance and support to HeForShe Champions and other key partners
- Manage the people and finances of the HeForShe Program
- Facilitate knowledge building
- Applicant should have affinity with the work related to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Excellent program formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems;
- Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation;
- Strong networking skills.
Other Required skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Politics, International Relations, Communications, Marketing, Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant field is required;
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years working in conceptualizing, building and playing a leadership role in transformative organizing campaigns/movements or Program / Project Management experience, when combined with a master’s degree is required;
- Previous experience working in national politics presidential / political party election campaigns and / or international advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in the UN is highly desired;
- Experience in a consultancy / advisory role is an asset;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and demonstrably superior writing skills in English is required;
- Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11). Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
For more information, visit UN Women.