Call for Applications: Journalism For SDGs Board of Governors 2019 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: January 10, 2019
Journalism For SDGs invites applications to join their Board of Governors 2019. Journalism for SDGs is an organization with a mission to equip journalists with a platform to have an open dialogue, debate obstacles and explore realities about the Sustainable Development Goals, raising awareness and encouraging collaborative action needed to achieve the goals. Before the launch of the organization, they are looking for Board of Governors.
- Encourage journalists to have open dialogue, debate obstacles and explore realities about the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Increase participation, and promote awareness and understanding of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Give people and journalists the resources they need to highlight the issues they care about.
- Engage millions left behind in the conversation about the Sustainable Development Goals, and shifting them from observers to stakeholders by helping them bring their ideas and experiences to the table.
- Incorporate aspects of documentary and visual journalism into SDG coverage to make SDG stories engaging and interactive.
- Raise awareness regarding current social, economic and political issues surrounding the SDGs.
- The BoG will work voluntarily and participate in policy making and evaluation of the organization online.
- However, the BoG members will get a chance to attend the fully funded international events of the organization and also represent their organization at different international training, seminars and workshops.
- The BoG will be responsible for drafting the policy guideline of the organization, monitor the activities and will serve as a regulatory authority.
- The BoG will also be responsible for appointment of team leads within the organization.
- Any person over 18 years from any part of the world is eligible to apply.
- Interest in print/electronic/social media journalism and SDGs.
- A strong social media presence will be preferred.
The application will consist of personal details, an essay question, your motivation and relevant work samples (if any)
For more information, visit Journalism for SDGs.