Apply for Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2019 (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: February 6, 2019
Applications for the Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program 2019 are open. The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
The most global program of its kind, students from over 120 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in learning communities on Yale’s campus in New Haven, Connecticut, or at Yale Center Beijing in China.
- A small, intimate educational experience with an 8:1 student to teacher ratio
- A taste of college life, including residential dorms, meals, labs, and lectures with Yale faculty
- Humanities, Socials Sciences, and/or Science & Math curricula at a top research institution
- Easy, affordable access to the program, with fee waivers, tuition packages, and travel assistance
- The most global summer program in the world, with students from all 50 U.S. states and over 120 countries from around the world
- A resume boost for your college applications, as YYGS participation is recognized by Admissions Officers at all colleges and universities
- And so much more!
YYGS provides need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students as either partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to $6,250 USD, or 100% of tuition), as well as limited scholarships for travel assistance.
- YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries.
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
YYGS reviews all applications holistically. Our staff understands that students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different educational and extracurricular opportunities. As a result, the essays and letters of recommendation are the most important parts of the application.
YYGS Application – Required Components:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and two 200-word responses
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
- Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
- $60 application fee
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
YYGS will waive the application fee if it would constitute a significant financial burden for the student’s family. The 2019 Application Fee Waiver Form must be submitted with the financial aid portion of your application.
For more information, visit Yale Young Global Scholars.