ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship 2019/2020
Deadline: February 24, 2019
Are you a scientist from ASEAN who wants a breakthrough in your career? Are you interested in driving policy debates and data-based decision making to address pressing regional and national level challenges? Would you like to expand your professional network within ASEAN and to learn first-hand how ASEAN works on issues related to science and technology? Apply for the ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship 2019/2020.
The ASEAN S&T Fellowship enables early and mid-career scientists who are citizens and residents of 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS) to contribute their knowledge and analytical skills to empower their national governments. Selected scientists, or fellows, will be embedded in national-level ministries in respective country to encourage policy makers to use more science-based approaches in their policy- and decision-making.
For this edition of the ASEAN S&T Fellowship, up to 16 fellows will be chosen from ASEAN region to take part in the program by focusing on these three priority areas:
- Digital Economy
- Innovative Startups
- Science, Technology and Innovation for UN SDGs
Selected fellow will receive a variety of privileges such as:
- Monthly stipend (USD $1,200)
- Mentorship from the government
- Professional development opportunity in a form of leadership and communication training
- Support to attend conferences and access to a growing network of opportunity to view regional policy processes and a chance to network and consult with ASEAN Senior Officials from AMS.
- Applicants should have a minimum master’s degree related to Science and Technology or one of the priority areas listed above
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN Member State
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Maximum 45 years of age
For more information, visit ASEAN Science and Technology Fellowship.