International Transport Forum Young Researcher of the Year Award 2019 (EUR 5,000 prize)
Deadline: February 1, 2019
Apply for the International Transport Forum Young Researcher of the Year Award 2019. The principal aim of the Award is to highlight the importance of transport research for sound transport policy formulation and implementation, and to foster closer links between transport policy and research.
The International Transport Forum at the OECD organises an Annual Summit for Transport Ministers from around the world to meet with researchers, industry leaders and representatives of civil society and examine strategic policy issues facing the sector. For 2019, the theme of the Summit is “Transport Connectivity for Regional Integration”.
Continuing a long tradition of research on transport issues to inform the policy-making process, the International Transport Forum’s Research Centre provides high-level research input to the Annual Summit. To encourage and reward creative reflection and analysis from young researchers, the International Transport Forum will once again present its “Young Researcher of the Year Award” at the 2019 Summit to be held in Leipzig, Germany.
- The best author will be awarded a prize of EUR 5,000 and will also be invited to attend the award ceremony taking place in Leipzig, Germany, during the International Transport Forum from May 22 to 24, 2019.
- Open to researchers under 35 years of age (at the time of closing of applications) who have undertaken their research in an institution, university or consultancy firm located in a member country of the International Transport Forum;
- They will have to submit an original paper, which has made an outstanding contribution to transport research under the theme: “Transport Connectivity for Regional Integration”. The researchers must be the main authors of their paper;
- The research paper may analyse any aspect related to transport connectivity for regional integration, such as, but not limited to, transport network connectivity, multimodal connectivity, the development of transport corridors, their impact on the economy or society, or the required instutional or regulatory frameworks to achieve improved connectivity and integration;
- Papers should not exceed 25 pages (single spacing), excluding references and annexes and should be written in English or French;
- Papers published in 2018 or 2019, as well as unpublished papers, are welcome.
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Korea
Submit your application form, including a brief summary of the paper in English (maximum 200 words), even if the paper is in French.
For more information, visit Young Researcher of the Year Award.