TDR Clinical and Research Development Fellowship 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 7, 2019
Applications for the TDR Clinical and Research Development Fellowship 2019 are now open. TDR provides fellowships for early- to mid-career researchers and clinical trial staff (e.g. clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to learn how to conduct clinical trials.
Successful applicants are placed for 12 months in host training organizations (pharmaceutical companies, product development partnerships (PDPs) or research organizations) and then receive a reintegration plan for 12 months at their home institution.
- The grant covers one economy class return air ticket (home – host training organization – home); a monthly stipend of approximately US $4,000; a one-time allowance of US $1,500 for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship, up to a maximum amount of US $3,000, and access to an alumni website and to the Professional Membership Scheme for clinical trialists website
- A break at 6 months of fellowship may be offered to the fellow to return to their home institution to present to their peers the acquired training and scientific progress made
- The grant also includes provisional funds for reintegration, conditional upon the approval of a progress report and reintegration plan
- Applicant must be a post-graduate (MSc or PhD) or medical graduate with clinical and/or research experience in infectious diseases;
- Have obtained their first degree within 15 years of submission of the application;
- Have been a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the last 12 months in an institution with a registered legal entity in an Low- and middle-income country conducting clinical infectious diseases research;
- Be both a citizen and a resident in a Low- and middle-income country.
The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An endorsement from the Director of the applicant’s home institution testifying the ability of the applicant to successfully undertake the training proposed and certifying that the applicant, if selected, will be financially supported as a leave of absence. The Director has also to indicate how the proposed training will strengthen the institution’s capability, to conduct clinical research upon return of the fellow.
- A letter of recommendation from two senior scientists/professors that includes their full name, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address. Please scan and include these with the application.
For more information, visit TDR Clinical and Research Development Fellowship.