Pears Challenge 2019: WASH Technologies in Humanitarian Settings
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Are you an outstanding, experienced Israeli entrepreneur, tech geek, designer or humanitarian professionals who dreams of founding a startup with a real impact on the world? Apply now for the Pears Challenge 2019.
The Pears Challenge empowers outstanding, experienced Israeli entrepreneurs, innovators, designers and humanitarian professionals to create innovative, financially sustainable and impact-oriented WASH technology ventures addressing the needs of developing countries.
Pears Challenge fellows will meet twice a week and will be guided through the process of innovating technologies, developing go-to-market strategies, and connecting with potential field partners, funders and investors for WASH technologies relevant to the humanitarian aid sector. You do not need to have a product idea to apply, just raw talent, relevant experience and a strong commitment to making the world a better place.
The 2019 Pears Challenge will help a select group of innovators, entrepreneurs and professionals ideate, create and commercialize WASH technologies for humanitarian settings.
- Ideation Lab: Learn about WASH challenges affecting displaced peoples and refugees. Get access to top experts and need-knowers from Israel and around the world. Develop innovative ideas for meaningfully improving the lives of persons affected by conflict and disaster
- Acceleration: They take the best ideas from the ideation lab and work with you to accelerate them. Learn what business models work. Delve in-depth into the particular needs, conditions, and characteristics of humanitarian settings to further develop your business plan and product
- Market Validation: Partner with a local organization in a humanitarian setting and travel to the field in order to test your ideas
- Ongoing Support: You never really stop being a Fellow. Access expertise, networking, and funding support through the Pears Challenge team and community
- Open to outstanding, experienced Israeli entrepreneurs, water experts, innovators, designers and humanitarian professionals;
- The fellows do no need to have a product idea to apply, just raw talent and relevant experience with a strong commitment to making an impact on people lives.
For more information, visit Pears Challenge.