Call for Applications: Youthspark Pan-African Conference 2019: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Youthspark Pan African Conference 2019 taking place in Kigali, Rwanda from 26 – 30 June, 2019. Youthspark Pan-African Conference is a bi-annual Pan-African youth capacity-building programme designed for successfully selected youth to acquire valuable leadership skills and develop cutting-edge skills on transforming their ideas into profitable ventures.
The conference will be selecting and engaging 100 innovative and development driven individuals across Africa. The main objective of the conference is to build the socio-economic capacities of entrepreneurs, leaders of organizations, and young professionals and given the opportunity to connect, dialogue and share ideas & strategies that can deliver accelerated problem solving and employment driven opportunities across Africa.
Africa’s greatest resource and potentially its sharpest competitive advantage in the global economy is its young and growing workforce. With 70% of Africa’s population under the age of 30, we as a continent are presented with a great opportunity and, possibly, a great challenge. Young Africans today are taking actions that not only have an immediate impact, but will also determine the future of the continent for decades to come.
By 2040, Africa is expected to have the largest workforce in the world, 40% of which will consist of young people. Therefore, there is need to create a better match between the needs of the African economy and the skills of young people especially with the increasing innovations associated with technology.
The 3rd edition of the conference will be focusing on the Sustainable Development Goal 8 on the theme;Exploring Decent and Productive workspace for young people in Africa.
- To create and expand economic developments through teamwork and regional collaborations to tackle issues that are common to the African communities and region.
- To promote value reorientation, ethical fibre and empathy based leadership among African youth.
- To foster transgenerational dialogue, share ideas and also explore new perspectives and opportunities towards building the African economy through young people.
- To promote mentoring opportunities and collaborations among young African visionaries
Cost and Benefits
There are no fees for applying for the conference. Participation fee shall be applicable only to successfully selected participants, which covers;
- African Youth between 18 – 35 years (as at the time of application)
- Non-African Youth passionate about driving change in Africa.
- Ability to speak and understand English language.
- Visionary youth driven by new challenges and experiences.
- Passionate about contributing to social development in Africa.
- Self-motivated youth with proven capacity to start or expand a social enterprise or business.
For more information, visit Youthspark.