Deadline: Not Specified
Applications are open for the HigherLife Foundation Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019. The Joshua Nkomo Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship programme that focuses on identifying young Zimbabwean talent through a rigorous selection process and creating the opportunity for them to get the best and most relevant education at world-class local and overseas tertiary learning institutions.
Higherlife Foundation is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Their areas of investment target education, health, entrepreneurship, rural transformation, and women’s empowerment.
- Open to Zimbabwean citizens
- Applicants must be under the age of 21 at the time of applying
- A student with Academic Merit as determined by applicant performance in public examinations (mainly ZIMSEC and Cambridge). For A-Level applications, a minimum of SEVEN (7) “A” grade passes is required and for University applications, a minimum of TEN (10) points for females and TWELVE (12) points for males is required.
- Leadership Potential as demonstrated by levels of responsibility and office bearing in the School and surrounding;
- Community Engagement, as well as confirmed indications of Community Engagements and extra-curricular activity;
- Personal Integrity as deduced from School Reports and reports from other responsible authorities.
The following documents are required for application:
- Academic certificates/public exam results
- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Character Reference Form. Character Reference Form to be sent to Higherlife Foundation office by a registered mail Suite 5, Westgate House East, David Frost Way, Westgate Complex, Harare.
For more information, visit Joshua Nkomo Scholarship.