Call for Nominations: Diana Award 2019 for Outstanding Young Leaders
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Nominations are open for the Diana Prize 2019 for Outstanding Young Leaders. The Diana Award is given out in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name to young role models from across the world who are selflessly transforming the lives of others. They are looking to recognise young people going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change.
This is the longest running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. They believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
- Each Diana Award recipient who is based in the UK will be invited to a local Award Ceremony. Each recipient will be presented with a personalised Diana Award certificate and celebrated with their peers. If they are unable to attend the certificate will be sent to you by post;
- For those based outside of the UK, they will be celebrated virtually on International Ceremony Day, which they will share more details of later in 2019;
- Diana Award Holders are also presented with an invitation to Althorp House, Princess Diana’s childhood home. These invitations are gifted to Diana Award Holders in kind by Princess Diana’s brother Earl Spencer in recognition of their continuation of Diana’s legacy;
- If your nomination is successful for the Legacy Award your young person will be invited to the Biannual Legacy Awards Ceremony in London. They will also be invited to join a unique Development Programme.
- Nominees must be aged between 9 and 25;
- Have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months;
- Nominees can be an individual or in a group of young people.
Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity and be able to demonstrate the nominee’s impact in five key areas:
- Vision: Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action
- Social Impact: Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community
- Youth Led: Demonstrates how the young person(s) has led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for
- Service Journey: Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee’s service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome
- Inspiring others: Demonstrates that, through the nominee’s positive attitude and passionate approach to life, they are a role model to others
Each Diana Award Nomination will be reviewed by a regional judging panel, comprising of young people, experts in the youth sector, business and educational professionals. They will be looking for young people who demonstrate the qualities Princess Diana governed her life by; compassion, kindness and service with strong evidence provided.
For more information, visit Diana Award.