SEED Awards 2019 for Innovative Start-up Enterprises in Asia and Africa (Up to 66 prize packages)
Deadline: April 2, 2019
Is your start-up enterprise innovative, locally driven, and eco-inclusive? Is your enterprise making significant contributions to inclusive climate change mitigation and/or adaptation? Does your enterprise aim to replicate business activities in another region or country? Apply for the SEED Awards to take your enterprise to the next level.
Up to 66 prize packages will be awarded to locally-driven and early-stage enterprises, which leverage their innovative business solutions to solve social and environmental challenges across Africa and Asia.
The SEED Low Carbon Awards are sponsored by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the SEED Africa Awards and SEED South Africa Awards are sponsored by the Government of Flanders.
Awards and Categories
SEED Low-Carbon Awards (Ghana, India, Indonesia, South Africa, Thailand, Uganda)
- 6 Winners receive 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €10,000* grant each
- 24 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support & €1,500 grant each
SEED Africa Awards (Malawi, Zambia & Zimbabwe)
- 5 Winners receive: 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €20,000* grant each
- 20 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support &
- Top 5 finalists will also receive €5,000* grant each
SEED South Africa Awards (South Africa)
- 3 Winners receive 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €10,000* grant each
- 8 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support & €1,500* grant each
- The SEED Accelerator: provides you with a one-year support package that includes tailored needs assessment, capacity-building workshops, and one-on-one expert advice. You will develop the investment readiness and operational excellence of your established eco-inclusive enterprise in order to effectively scale-up your business.
- The SEED Catalyser: provides you with 6 months of tailored support package combining peer-learning and guided expert advice. The programme will guide you to refine your business model in order to optimise your environmental, social and economic impacts and improve investment readiness as you scale-up.
In addition, SEED Award Winners and Finalists will also receive the following:
- Grants: SEED will provide non-reimbursable grant funding for up to 50% of the total investment for the selected enterprises. The funding varies across award categories.
- Replication Support: For enterprises ready and willing to replicate their business activities in another region or country a dedicated replication support package will prepare you in getting ready for the next steps of replication.
- Tools: Self-help tools that enable enterprises to prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for example conducting market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships and measuring impact.
- Profiling: SEED Winners and Finalists are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog, social media and on-ground events.
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organisations, such as funders, policy-makers, SEED Alumni, other SMEs, as well as SEED Partners and Associates.
You are eligible to apply for the SEED Awards 2019 if your enterprise:
- demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation;
- delivers economic, social and environmental benefits;
- has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
- is a partnership between different stakeholder groups;
- is locally driven or locally led;
- has potential for scale-up;
- has potential for significant replication;
- is in the early stages of implementation; and
- meets the country specific requirements set out above.
Please apply online by logging on to our SEED application platform at app.seed.uno.
For more information, visit SEED Awards.