Women2030 Sub-grants Program 2019 for African Civil Society Organizations
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Apply for the Women2030 Sub-grants. Women Environmental Programme calls for applications from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to support the implementation of activities under her European Union (EU)-supported project titled: Women CSOs networking to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as women2030.
The overall objective of this project is to build capacity of women’s and gender civil society organizations to advance local, national and regional gender-responsive sustainable development policies (2030 Agenda & climate), through participation in policy development and monitoring, mobilizing citizen’s support and demonstrating best practices.
Areas of Work
The CSOs are to use this sub-grants to design and implement initiatives that will contribute to the realization of the SDGs. The initiatives should be designed using one or a combination of the following categories:
- Participatory community activities for gender equality and/or sustainable development
- Policy monitoring, dialoging with policy makers
- Educational and awareness raising activities on gender and/or sustainable development
- Networking, information and communication, movement building
- Demonstrating equitable and sustainable solutions and services
- Gender specific trainings and monitoring, women leadership trainings
- Tracking SDG/climate policies and budgets (gender responsive budgets and audits)
- Social media campaign and mainstream media activities
- The maximum amount for each initiative is 1,000 EUR
- CSOs can be women’s and feminist organizations, or other Civil Society Organizations which aim to ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment in their work
- CSOs must have participated in the National Training on Gender and SDGs of the women2030 project
- CSOs may be national organizations but must have offices and working in the areas or regions they apply to work in
- Applications for this sub-grants are received only from the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Cameroun and Tunisia
- The language of this application should be English or French
- Applications must respond to the areas of the assignment or will be rejected.
- All applications should be submitted in MS word format with the following attachments – certificate of registration, letter of reference and summary of activities carried out.
- Application should not be more than 5 pages (excluding attachments).
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be – women2030 sub-grants application (country).
For more information, visit WEP Grant.