GIJN Fellowship to attend Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2019 (Fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: May 5, 2019
Applications are open for the GIJN Fellowship to attend Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2019. The Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC) is the premier international gathering of investigative and data journalists, held once every two years.
This year, the 11th global conference will be held in Hamburg, Germany from September 26 to 29, and is being co-hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network, Netzwerk Recherche and Interlink Academy. Following the conference, fellows are required to either produce a story directly related to #GIJC19 or give a presentation of the knowledge you have gained at #GIJC19 in your home country to other colleagues or the journalism community at-large.
- Round-trip airfare to Hamburg, Germany
- Hotel room for four nights
- Transport between Hamburg airport and the conference hotel
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days
- Award ceremony banquet dinner
- Conference fee
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio, documentary and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries;
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus;
- Special categories for journalists from LGBTQ communities, indigenous peoples, citizen investigators, and journalists exiled from their homelands;
- Western journalists based overseas are not eligible.
For more information, visit Global Investigative Journalism Conference.