UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Program 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Visiting PhD fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
- UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship. The program does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies;
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute;
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills;
- Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged;
- The program is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their PhD.
As part of your application, you will be asked to upload your curriculum vitae. Your PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed (by your supervisor) to the following address: [email protected]. The reference letter will also be used to certify that you are enrolled in a PhD program at your university.
For more information, visit UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship.