Sense about Science Ask for Evidence Ambassador Programme 2019 in the UK
Deadline: March 22, 2019
Do you want to hold the powerful to account? Do you care about the use of evidence in your local community? You could be one of the Ask for Evidence Ambassadors.
Sense about Science is recruiting 20 new volunteer ambassadors around the UK to lead the Ask for Evidence campaign. Ask for Evidence is a public campaign that holds powerful figures, companies, organisations and public bodies to account. It helps people challenge claims in news stories, adverts and policies and ask for the evidence behind them. It’s making sure a discussion on the evidence happens when it really matters.
Becoming an ambassador is an opportunity to encourage others in your region to Ask for Evidence by giving talks, running activities and talking with community groups about issues that matter to them.
- Selected applicants will attend a training in London. Travel expenses will be covered.
- Successful applicants will receive expert training in public speaking, insights into campaigning and communications and opportunities to organise and give talks. This is a great chance to help shape and deliver a national campaign. You will work closely with the friendly Sense about Science team to arrange events, give talks and collect feedback.
- Ambassadors will deliver 3 – 6 talks a year and are encouraged to seek out opportunities for these in their local area on relevant issues to the community.
- Open to anyone who cares about, uses or advocates for evidence in their lives and communities;
- Applicants will need to be available to attend a training day in London on Friday 10th May 2019.
To apply please send a short CV and a note explaining why you would like to be an ambassador and how you’ll bring the issues you care about to the campaign.
Please send all applications to Alex Clegg – [email protected] by 5pm Friday 22nd March. If you would like an informal chat about the role then please get in touch.
For more information, visit Ask for Evidence Ambassador Programme.