Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2020. The Scholarship provides full funding for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study for an African citizen at recognised South African institutions.
The Scholarship programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality Leadership Development Programme, with the intention of building exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
The MRF Leadership Development Programme is made up of the following three components.
- Three residential Workshops
- Three Regional group Pods
- Second Year Programme
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree
- Personal allowance
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries and is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions;
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded);
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply;
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2020;
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic resultsand reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship;
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
- Round 1: Applications reviewed by South African tertiary institutions and the Mandela Rhodes Foundation (alumni reviewers). By end June 2019, all applicants to be informed by universities and/or the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Round 2: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By the end of July 2019, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Round 3: Reviews by designated Mandela Rhodes Foundation staff. By end of August 2019, remaining applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not their application is through to the next stage.
- Final round: Panel interviews with Selection Committees in October. By end of October 2019, panel interviewed applicants to be informed by the MRF whether or not they have been selected as Mandela Rhodes Scholars.
For more information, visit Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship.