UNAOC/IOM PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2019 (Win all expense paid trip to New York)
Deadline: June 16, 2019
Are you a young filmmaker? Join thousands of young people in helping promote the benefits of migration, diversity, human rights, and social inclusion.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is pleased to announce the launch of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2019. They are inviting young people around the world to submit original and creative videos focusing on the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
In a world often characterized by intolerance and cultural divisions, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of social change and empowers them to share their creative vision with the world and foster respect for diversity.
- PLURAL+ winners will be invited to New York all expenses paid to participate in the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony in November 2019 and a series of side events providing opportunities for professional development, co-productions, and networking.
- PLURAL+ video entries must be between one and five minutes and can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they convey constructive messages related to the themes of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Applicants should be between 12-25 years.
- Open to anyone around the world.
- An International Jury will select one PLURAL+ Award winners in each of three age categories (up to 12 years old; 13 to 17 years old; and 18 to 25 years old), and UNAOC and IOM will jointly select one video to receive the Special Award for the Prevention of Xenophobia. PLURAL+ partner organizations will also award a multitude of prizes and professional opportunities to several young filmmakers.
For more information, visit UNAOC/IOM PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival.