Apply now for UNLEASH Innovation Lab 2019 (Fully-funded to Shenzhen, China)
Deadline: April 18, 2019
Calling all change-makers! Apply now for UNLEASH Innovation Lab 2019. Do you have talent for sustainability and passion for the UN Sustainable Development Goals? Then you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to be one of the 1,000 UNLEASH talents who will collaborate on solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
UNLEASH gathers top talent from all over the world and invites them for a week of innovation in Shenzhen in China, from November 6-13, 2019. UNLEASH is a global initiative aiming to create the world’s largest innovation lab for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Every year leading up to 2030, UNLEASH will gather 1,000 of the world’s brightest young talents to problem-solve, innovate and collaborate in teams to develop new solutions to global challenges.
In less than two years, UNLEASH has gathered 2,000 talents from 143 countries, developed 370 tangible solutions to the SDGs, partnered with +300 organizations, and been recognized as one of the world’s most influential sustainability brands. The next UNLEASH Innovation Lab will take place in Shenzhen, China between 6-13 November 2019.
What will happen at UNLEASH 2019?
- Kick-off and welcome to Shenzhen: November 6 – Talents are introduced to the city of Shenzhen, the Sustainable Development Goals, and each other.
- SDG Innovation Lab: November 7-11 – Talents convene around core SDG themes to co-create and generate tangible solutions to global challenges.
- Culmination and UNLEASH Awards Show: November 12-13 – UNLEASH culminates with massive collaboration activities and final award show. The best solutions will be given awards and some of the most influential people in the world will speak about the importance of the 2030 Agenda.
UNLEASH covers all expenses for travel, accommodation, curriculum and activities and provides you with a new toolset for how to innovate, create impact at scale and collaborate with experts, mentors and facilitators from all over the world.
UNLEASH accepts top talents typically aged 20-35. Successful applicants will excel across 5 general criteria.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving one of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts.
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions.
- Bonus: working in the field in a global context
The profiles UNLEASH is looking for are:
- Entrepreneur: Recently launched/or considered launching start-ups, organizations or campaigns at a very early stage (both non- and for-profit).
- Intrapreneur: Improved or changed entities, e.g. through R&D, business development or organizational changes.
- Academic: Top class academic with in-depth content knowledge, e.g. via courses, research projects or a PhD.
- Technical expert: Posses skills, tools and know-how (e.g. with engineering, design or finance) enabling development of physical or software based solutions.
For more information, visit UNLEASH.