Global Health Workforce Network Youth Hub 2019 Call for Membership
Deadline: April 28, 2019
The Global Health Workforce Network Youth Hub is now open for membership! The Youth Hub is an intersectoral, inter-professional community of practice hosted by the Global Health Workforce Network and the Health Workforce Department at the World Health Organization.
The hub is concerned with youth employment in health and social care and aims to promote youth-inclusive policy in these topics. Through key pillars of research, capacity building, and aligning the advocacy efforts, the Youth Hub will drive the human resources for health agenda on national, regional and global levels.
The Youth Hub is led by a Steering Committee of youth health organisations, and is now seeking individuals, as well as organisations representing youth in the health workforce, to join as members of the Hub, supporting its work and contributing to key deliverables.
Areas of Work
The Youth Hub will have 3 main areas of work:
- Advocacy – developing an advocacy toolkit addressing current challenges faced by students and young professionals in the Health and Social Care Sector;
- Convening spaces – developing convening spaces (such as online conferences and competitions) to promote intersectoral and interprofessional dialogue across global, regional and national levels;
- Research – stimulating a research agenda on youth in health and social care.
By signing up to be a member of the Youth Hub, you will be part of an email list that will be kept up to date on the work of the Hub. If the Youth Hub Steering Committee would like any consultation or input on any of its work, then this will be emailed out to the members of the Youth Hub. Additionally, any further opportunities to be part of a Working Group of the Hub will be advertised through this list. You can expect an email from the Youth Hub around every month.
- Any person with an interest in youth issues in the health workforce is welcome to join the Hub!
- There are no strict inclusion criteria, everyone is welcome to contribute to the Hub.
To become a member of the Hub, all you have to do is fill in this form below. Once you have filled the form, you will start receiving email news updates from the Hub.
Want to get more involved? The Youth Hub will also have a number of Working Groups composed of Hub members to assist with the Hub’s work and deliverables. Currently, applications are open for two of the Working Groups: Advocacy Toolkit Development Working Group and Convening Spaces Working Group.
To apply for a Working Group, you need to:
Both of these steps must be completed by Sunday 28th April 23:59 GMT to be considered for a Working Group.
If you have any questions about the Youth Hub, contact the Steering Committee at [email protected].
For more information, visit The Youth Hub.