Green Talents Competition 2019 for Young Researchers in Sustainable Development (Funded to Germany)
Deadline: May 22, 2019
Applications are open for the Green Talents Competition 2019. Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists who are active in the field of sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. This year’s competition is held under the banner “Smart Green Planet – Solutions for a Sustainable Future”. Applicants can therefore come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
- When selected as a “Green Talent”, you will be invited to a two-week Science Forum in Germany (which takes place in October). This means that the BMBF will cover your travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip) as well as your meals and accommodation during the Science Forum. Costs for health insurance and visa fees cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants.
- They will cover the round trip to Germany and back to your country of residence and also provide a monthly allowance when you return for your research stay the year after the Science Forum. This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food and your daily needs. However, it is not intended to support your research.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process;
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree);
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research;
- Proven excellent command of English;
- Significantly above-average grades;
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary).