Apply to join the African Union Youth Envoy Volunteer Network 2019
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Apply to join the African Union Youth Envoy Volunteer Network 2019. They are looking for volunteers with various skills to work with the Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) throughout its current two-year mandate. They welcome young, passionate and creative people from across Africa and in the diaspora to apply.
The Youth Envoy mission is to lead advocacy and champion youth agency in the prioritization of youth issues within continental and other decision-making and governance spaces. In achieving this mission, the Youth Envoy will undertake the following activities:
- Inclusive and Meaningful Engagement and Participation: Increase and improve the ability of youth (including marginalized youth, and young women and girls) to successfully access and engage with the African Union Commission through the development and promotion of structured mechanisms for youth participation at national, regional and global levels.
- Advocacy: Advocate for and increase regional, continental and global awareness and attention to issues that are important to African youth and mobilize youth in achieving Agenda2063, promoting African values across the continent and beyond. Ensure youth are able to advocate on their behalf and develop intergenerational partnerships to advance their advocacy efforts.
- Partnerships: Engage Member States, the private sector, academic institutions, media and civil society, including youth in the AUC, on youth programmes as well as facilitating multi-stakeholder partnerships on youth issues. Build strategic partnerships and credible working relations with different stakeholders. Promote intergenerational dialogue in order to ensure the sustainability of partnerships.
- Coordination: Improve the coordination of the adoption of African Youth Charter in AU member States and support its implementation at national, regional, and local levels. Help coordinate efforts for the adoption of policies and actions that promote youth participation and engagement in local, national, regional and international development.
- You will be able to do potential change-making work through the OYE
- You will improve your current skills and grow professionally by helping find solutions to specific areas you are involved in
- You will become part of and connect with an amazing network of like-minded young people from across Africa from various backgrounds with various skill sets
- Upon the successful completion of your full commitment, you will get a letter of recommendation form the OYE for your professional, self-development or educational use
- Applicants should be young, passionate and creative people from across Africa and in the Diaspora;
- They should be between 18 – 30 years;
- They should have time and can access the internet to collaborate.
For more information, visit African Union Youth Envoy Volunteer Network.