Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019 (£15,000 prize)
Deadline: June 11, 2019
Entries are invited for the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019. The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize is the leading international photographic portrait competition, which celebrates and promotes the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Organised by the National Portrait Gallery, London, the Prize has established a reputation for creativity and excellence, with works submitted by a range of photographers, from leading professionals to talented amateurs and the most exciting emerging artists. Photographers are encouraged to interpret ‘portrait’ in its widest sense of ‘photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals.’
- The winner of the competition will receive £15,000. In addition the judges, at their discretion, will award cash prizes to one or more shortlisted photographers.
- All selected works will appear in the exhibition catalogue.
- Open to everyone aged 18 of age or over on January 1, 2018;
- Applicant may be from any country around the world;
- Each photographer can submit up to six photographs.
For more information, visit Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize.