Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship 2019 for Creative Women (Up to $10,000 + Internship at Wunderman Thompson)
Deadline: June 3, 2019
The J. Walter Thompson Company is accepting applications for the Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship for Creative Women based anywhere in the world. J. Walter Thompson Company was founded in 1864 and has been making pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years.
Helen is a game changer. It started in 1908, when Helen Lansdowne was hired by J. Walter Thompson Cincinnati as the industry’s first female copywriter. She soon moved to the New York office, where she rose through the ranks as a creative powerhouse. She hired and mentored dozens of creative women, ensuring that the female voice was represented in J. Walter Thompson’s work.
Are you ready to follow in her footsteps?
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a Wunderman Thompson office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at Wunderman Thompson after graduation
- Open to female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school
- At least 12 months of school left as of May 20 2019
In short, badass women studying creativity. Oh, and you also have to:
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 20, 2019
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
You’ll have to submit your application form, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation and 3–5 creative samples. Creative samples are examples of the work that best showcases your creativity. Remember, quality over quantity, so choose wisely. And no, these do not have to be ads.
For more information, visit Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship.