Deadline: Vary by Challenge
Applications are open for the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth “Summer Of Solutions” Challenge 2019. The “Summer Of Solutions” invites young people around the world to create innovative technology-based solutions to global challenges.
This is a new initiative launched by the Office of the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, in partnership with the United Nations Technology and Innovation Labs, and the United Nations Development Programme.
The 2019 #SummerOfSolutions aims to solve climate challenges:
- #OpenCI Platform Challenge: develop an information systems solution that can serve as a platform to enhance the access of localized climate and market information.
- #CircularEconomy Challenge: present ideas for ICT tools and business process innovations that are related to the Circular Economy and can result in rapid and far-reaching improvements for society.
- #EthicalFashion Challenge: present ideas for ICT tools and business process innovations that are related to Ethical Fashion & Textiles, which can result in rapid and far-reaching improvements for society.
- Selected participants and their ideas will be showcased at the United Nations Climate Action Summit in New York City in September 2019.
- Open to innovative young minds from around the world who can create a technology-based solutions to global challenges.
Click on the challenge to apply:
For more information, visit Summer Of Solutions Challenge.