Deadline: July 3, 2019
Aga Khan University invitesEarly to mid-career journalists and media professionals in East Africa at apply for the Master of Arts in Digital Journalism 2019. The MA in Digital Journalism combines real-life practice with academic rigor to position young and mid-career journalists as leaders in their field.
You will develop the knowledge, skills and professional qualities for success at the highest levels of your craft. You will also work with world-renowned journalists and scholars as you blend practice, reflection and theory in your coursework.
The program is taught in state-of-the-art facilities and progressively builds expertise in multiplatform storytelling, specialist reporting and editorial leadership. The culmination of the program will be a specialist-reporting project and research thesis. By focusing on regional issues and drawing on local and global trends, our graduates will possess the creativity, critical thinking and professional skills required to lead East Africa’s media in the 21st century.
- Learn from the best
- Build a career
- Get individual attention you deserve
- Study while you work
- Acquire new skills for a new era
- Make a Difference
Generous scholarships available based on need and merit.
Open to Early to mid-career journalists and media professionals in East Africa.
To be considered for admission, candidates must fulfill one of the following sets of criteria:
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited/recognized university, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 (on a four-point scale) or its equivalent. Additionally, a minimum of two years of professional experience in journalism or a related field is required.
- A four-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited/recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent will be considered, provided the candidate has a minimum of four years of professional experience in journalism or a related field.
In addition, candidates must demonstrate a clear commitment to journalism and its ethical practice, as well as:
- Demonstrated academic and intellectual ability
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Basic computer literacy, especially as applied to production techniques in the media
- Broad knowledge of history and current affairs
- Relevant work experience as evidenced by a portfolio of work and professional references
For more information, visit Aga Khan University.