FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Program 2019 (Up to US$20,000)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications are open for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Program 2019. The goal is to encourage and support outstanding women in the field of finance, particularly those pursuing careers in financial asset management, market risk management and derivatives finance within the capital markets.
The field of finance is changing rapidly, largely in response to regulations designed to protect market practitioners and to prevent financial crises. FINCAD has long believed that deep market knowledge, transparency and trustworthiness play a critical role in making financial markets safe for all participants.
In addition, FINCAD is keenly aware that the majority of practitioners in the capital markets industry are men, and that the trend to include more women in the industry is not as rapid as it should be. For these reasons, FINCAD established the annual Women in Finance Scholarship.
- The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship is an award of US$20,000 to support graduate-level studies.
- Open to female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university accredited by the national or international body approved for that purpose in the country where the university is situated;
- You must be enrolled and attending the program on a full-time basis during the 2019-2020 academic year;
- The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving applicant who is enrolled in a post-graduate program with an emphasis on finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management. If your field of study does not meet that description, DO NOT APPLY;
- Applications and all supporting documents, except university transcripts must be in English.
You will be required to attach a number of documents in the prescribed file format (jpg, pdf or gif) with the prescribed naming convention (Note: Maximum file size is 20 MB). These include:
- Your resume or CV
- Two letters of reference for the scholarship from appropriate individuals (e.g., professors or other relevant university staff, work supervisors and colleagues)
- University transcript(s) from undergraduate program(s)
- Confirmation of acceptance or enrollment in the post-graduate program for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Any authored papers (optional)
For more information, visit FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship.