L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 (up to €10,000)
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Applications are open for the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019. The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science.
This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. The Maghreb Fellowships is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
- Each individual fellowship is worth up to €10,000
- Applicants should be applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies;
- Not working permanently in 2019.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields;
- Working in one of the 4 countries: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
- Maximum 35 year old at the closing date of the call for applications.
As established by the regional jury, the selection criteria are the following:
- The excellence of the applicant’s academic portfolio (including number, quality and impact of their publications, conference presentations, patents…)
- The scientific quality of the research project
- The innovative and promising character of the research work (relevant, original,
unique…) and its implementation in science
- The socio-economic impact of the project/research
- The candidate’s professional experience
An application is considered complete when it consists of all the following documents, in English or in French:
- A detailed curriculum vitae filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr
- Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS
- A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies
- A detailed abstract / description of the research project of maximum 2 pages
- Other research projects in progress
- A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget
- The list of publications and patents
- Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried out
- Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies
For more information, visit L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Regional Fellowships.