Deadline: May 31, 2019
Applications are invited for the TICAD7 Innovative Startup Pitching Event 2019. Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) is the pioneer development forum on Africa led by the government of Japan since 1993 and co-hosted by United Nations, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), World Bank and African Union Commission (AUC).
The 7th summit will be held on 28th – 30th August, 2019 in Yokohama city, Japan. One of the main agendas of TICAD7 is economic transformation and improvements in business environment and institution through private investment and innovation.
At the occasion of TICAD 7, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) will jointly prepare a pitching stage for eligible startups from African countries. This Startup Pitching event is a TICAD7’s official side events, and it will be a unique opportunity for startups offering innovative solutions to social challenges in Africa and Japanese investors/corporations to seek possible investment/partnership.
- The selected finalist(s) will be invited to TICAD7 for the pitching on the stage in front of potential investors/partners gathered from multiple countries
- Air tickets and accommodations for one personnel from each company will be covered by JICA/UNDP.
- Open to tech startup with innovative solution to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Established in 2018 or earlier
- Proof of the past funding – Has ever raised over USD 50,000 funding
- HQs is based in African countries
- Products/Services have been launched in African market
- Passion/Will to acquire relation with Japanese investor(s) and/or partner(s) through participation to this pitch event in TICAD7
- Available to stay in Tokyo/Yokohama from August 28-31, 2019
For more information, visit TICAD7 Innovative Startup Pitching Event.