NWTF/SDN Young Women Ambassador/Mentorship Programme 2019
Deadline: June 5, 2019
Applications are invited for the NWTF/SDN Young Women Ambassador/Mentorship Programme 2019. This programme is a part of the More Women in Governance (M-WIG) project being implemented to promote gender equality in governance and decision making spaces in Rivers State.
The mentorship programme is a developmental opportunity aimed at equipping young women with knowledge and leadership skills necessary for those aspiring for a career in politics within the Niger Delta and Nigeria as a whole. The Programme aims to do this by connecting and fostering a relationship between women, who have participated extensively in politics (mentors), and young women who are politically ambitious (mentees).
A two-day workshop will be held in Rivers State for applicants, to provide them with training on participating in the mentorship process to yield political and personal growth strategies. The mentees will be matched with their mentors afterwards. Both mentors and mentees will receive a manual to guide the mentorship structure.
- This programme will provide mentors with the opportunity to contribute to a more inclusive political system in the Niger Delta region of the country, and equip mentees with the knowledge and skills necessary for those aspiring for a career in politics;
- It will also provide participants with the opportunity to expand their networks, and raise their leadership profiles.
You are invited to participate in this programme as a mentee if you are:
- Resident in Port Harcourt;
- A female between the ages of 18-35 who is currently enrolled in a higher learning institution; however, women with strong political will and exceptional qualities but are not part of any tertiary institution will also be considered;
- Enthusiastic about participating in the promotion of gender inclusive governance within your community;
- Willing to apply the knowledge and skills gained during the programme to advocate to stakeholders and sensitise other citizens about the importance of increased female political representation.
For more information, visit NWTF/SDN Young Women Ambassador/Mentorship Programme.