Hot Job: Twitter Public Policy Manager – SubSaharan Africa (Dublin)
Applications are open for the role of Public Policy Manager – Sub Saharan Africa at Twitter. Twitter is a well-known worldwide communications platform that has brought a revolution in the arena of digital technology and web-based communications.
As part of the Twitter team in the role of Public Policy Manager, the selected applicant will have the opportunity to actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues.
The Public Policy Manager is expected to undertake the following duties:
- The job shall entail monitoring public policy issues of importance to Twitter and their users across the Sub Saharan Africa region which encompasses issues related to national legislative and executive branches, government and regulatory bodies and public institutions.
- The Public Policy Manager will be expected to provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed. They will further have to assist in the preparation of presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers.
- The job shall also require communicating with key government, political, and media representatives to help them understand Twitter and advance policy beneficial to Twitter and our users. There will be occasions where the job shall require the Policy Manager to represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings and coalition meetings
- The Public Policy manager shall have to conduct research into tech policy issues while working with other Twitter team members to fashion policy solutions that meet the legitimate needs of policymakers while advancing the interests of their users.
- The Policy Manager will have to work with colleagues in the Public Policy team to develop and implement Twitter’s strategy for corporate social responsibility.
- The Public Policy Manager will have the opportunity to have an in-depth understanding of the technology policies that govern Twitter and its users and they will significantly enhance their understanding of such issues. As Public Policy Manager they will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships.
- The Public Policy Manager will get to elevate Twitter’s public policy brand among key audiences to a higher level. This will translate into better levels of personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically
- Applicants should have a university degree; advanced degree preferred
- Have significant experience in government, politics, or public policy with deep familiarity across all three disciplines
- Understanding of laws and regulation important to Twitter and their users
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in social media and high technology
- Be passionate about the power of communications to change the world for the better
- Fluency in English and additional language proficiency an advantage
- The first stage is the application round after which a recruiter may reach the shortlisted candidates.
- If the applicant’s background is a match for the role they might have an interview with 1- 2 people.
- If the applicants continue through the process, they will need to come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
For application and more information, visit Jobs at Twitter.