European Youth Award 2019 for Young Innovators
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Applications are open for the European Youth Award 2019 for Young Innovators. The European Youth Award is a pan-European contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects that will have an impact on society.
EYA is not just an event or a community, it is a movement of young innovators who never stop learning, questioning and improving the world we live in. EYA organizes several activities and events throughout the year: its flagship initiatives, the EYA contest and the Festival (Winners Event), coding events (e.g. SHacks (Social Hackathons), Game Jams), the Youth for Innovation programs, mentorship programs and more!
EYA is seeking and rewarding the most creative digital projects (eg. websites, apps, wearable devices, games, IoT, smart things or digital installations). Projects have to be submitted in one of the following nine categories:
- Healthy Life
- Smart Learning
- Connecting Cultures
- Planet Friendly
- Active Citizenship
- Sustainable Economics
- Managing Life
- Open Innovation
- Future Europe
- Gain international network and valuable contacts
- Mentoring and Know-how
- Promotion and publicity
- International reputation and legitimacy
- Open to creative minds under the age of 33;
- Living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo;
- Who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation) and submitted it to the EYA database in one of the EYA categories.
(59 eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, North Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom)
- For EYA any digital project can be submitted. This contains all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The submitted digital project, product or application must be functional and operational at the time of submission. It has to be (at least) in a prototype or beta-version stage.
- All submitted projects must have been completed after January 1, 2018. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A project can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same team, each project requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the EYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and/or additions.
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online via the EYA contest database in coordination with the communicated EYA call deadline.
- Projects can also be nominated by EYA ambassadors, nominators or former EYA Winners. Nominated projects can be directly sent to online jury round 2 (upon discretion of the nominator).
- Submitting a project to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the EYA Jury.
- Submission is free of charge.
For more information, visit European Youth Award.