Nestle R&D Innovation Challenge 2019 for Students
Deadline: July 7, 2019
Applications are open for the Nestle R&D Innovation Challenge 2019 for Students. The R&D innovation challenge will take place in Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal and South-Africa.
The goal is to work collaboratively with universities to identify sustainable and scalable science and technology solutions that help to accelerate the innovation of products that meet local consumer needs. The R&D innovation challenge calls for novel solutions across four areas: environmentally friendly packaging solutions, sustainable cocoa plantlets affordable nutrition and new routes to market.
- Reinventing Food Distribution: How can your startup help find innovative solutions to deliver efficiently Nestle products in key neighbourhoods of African cities, taking into account specificities such as lack of road assigning system or informal distribution networks and wholesalers?
- Reinventing Food & Beverage Packaging: Imagine a future where thanks to technology, packaging will not be an issue anymore for the planet, and where it will help improve the whole customer journey by giving key information from the nutrients composition of the food, to added value contents such as recipes, and instructions for its preparation. Does your startup have a technology that can help Nestle create sustainable, smart and eco-friendly food packaging?
- Reinventing Plant Container: Plantlet is the beginning of what will become incredible products consumed each day by millions of people. How can your solutions and services help us in the development of smart, cost competitive and sustainable solutions for growing and transporting cocoa plantlets thus, impacting positively the quality of the whole value chain.
- Reinventing Maternal Nutrition: Every mom and mom to be deserves the right to have a quick access to affordable and quality maternal food. Is your startup specialised in FoodTech? How can you help Nestle create affordable, tasty, high-density nutrients maternal food for every mom and mom to be?
- Open to team of 3 students
- Students should be at Master level
Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, visit Nestle R&D Innovation Challenge.