Deadline: July 11, 2019
Applications for the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award 2019 are now open. The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) offers an annual Award for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development.
With this award the SFIAR pursues the following main aims:
- Support relevant agricultural research for development
- Promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD
- The best team project wins CHF 10,000 and the best Master thesis project CHF 1,000.
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- Has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution;
- Has appropriate linkages in developing countries;
- Has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago).
The main selection criteria are:
- Research quality
- Demonstration of potential for development impact
- Compliance with criteria defined under “Scope”
Applicants have to fill in the attached application form and provide the research summary (maximum 2 pages including illustrations) and the other documents mentioned on the form in English, French or German. Applications that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.
For more information, visit SFIAR Award.