Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award 2019 (Up to $1 million USD)
Deadline: September 1, 2019
Applications are invited for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award 2019. The Global Water Award supports research and development of new and innovative technologies that produce, desalinate and purify water, using solar energy to support the global position of the UAE in developing solutions for challenges that are faced by poverty- and disaster-stricken communities worldwide.
The Award encourages leading corporations, research centres, institutions and innovators from across the world to compete in finding sustainable and innovative solar-energy solutions to the problem of water scarcity.
The Award is comprised of 3 main categories that target pioneering organisations, research centres, individuals, educational institutions, and innovators from all around the world to motivate participants to come up with innovative, solar-powered solutions with the aim of producing clean drinking water:
- Innovative Projects Award
- Innovative Individual Award
- Innovative research & Development Award
- Up to USD $1,000,000 will be awarded to sustainable solutions to water scarcity.
- Open internationally to all students, companies, research institutions, and innovators who have developed solar powered technologies that can produce clean drinking water in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
For more information, visit Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award.