Afrique Créative Programme 2019 for Cultural & Creative Industries (CCI) Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 15, 2019
The Afrique Créative Programme is open for applications. They are looking for eight cultural and creative industries (CCI) entrepreneurs in Africa to participate in its 2019/2020 incubation programme. By supporting and strengthening the capacities of selected entrepreneurs, Afrique Créative aims to support sustainable growth that will bring change.
Afrique Créative aims to promote the structuring of the cultural and creative ecosystem by boosting the development, the skill sets and the networking of companies active in this sector. Afrique Créative addresses operators combining both creativity and entrepreneurship in order to maximize their potential in terms of job creation and economic growth.
The programme will run for 16 months, from September 2019 to December 2020
The following will be provided for selected entrepreneurs:
- Technical assistance from experts at both national and international level
- Regular coaching by mentors
- Networking with potential partners and investors
- A grant to boost the organisation’s growth: between 75,000 and 125,000 euros
- Coaching to help raise additional funds
- Open to cultural and creative organisations from the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be a cultural and/or creative organisation
- be a private legal entity (company or non-profit organisation)
- be based in one of the following four countries: Senegal, Burkina Faso, Morocco or Uganda
have existed for at least two years
- be legally registered with the competent national authorities and have legal status as well as a governance body (board of directors, management committee, etc.)
- fill in the application form and provide all the requested documents in French or English (see below)
The following are not eligible:
- Individual applications
- Public or semi-public organisations (state-owned enterprises, government agencies, public-sector schools, etc.).
The selection criteria that will be used to analyze and record applications are:
- Positioning and contributions to the cultural and creative sector
- Maturity and management capabilities
- Potential of economic model
- Social and environmental impact and contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially integration of the gender and youth employment dimension
- Relevance of the Afrique Créative programme and development potential
Interested individuals can download the guidelines and the application form through the link below.
Finalists will be notified between 9 and 13 September 2019 and the winners announced on 23 September 2019.
For more information, visit Afrique Créative.