Konrad Adenaeur Stiftung (KAS) Media Africa Journalism Scholarship 2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 8, 2019
Are you a young African journalist eager to pursue further study and take your career to the next level? Apply for the Konrad Adenaeur Stiftung (KAS) Media Africa Journalism Scholarship 2020. KAS Media Africa is offering university scholarships for two promising, young sub-Saharan African journalists to do full-time Honours or Masters Degrees at the prestigious University of Witwatersrand’s Journalism Programme in Johannesburg in 2020.
The scholarship includes:
- University fees
- Return flight to Johannesburg
- Modest monthly stipend
- Accommodation fees for student housing
- A one-time payment towards study materials
- Reimbursement of costs for study visa and SAQA assessment
- Candidates should be under 30 years old, working as a journalist in a sub-Saharan African country and fluent in English.
- For Honours, candidates must have at least three years’ working experience and either an undergraduate degree or pass an entrance test.
- For Masters, candidates must have a degree equivalent to the BA Honours in Journalism (or related field) and at least three years’ working experience.
- Candidates must work closely with KAS Media Africa during their stay in Johannesburg and write regular narrative reports on their study progress.
Applicants need to submit:
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Two samples of published writing / broadcast clips
- Two letters of nomination/reference by a senior journalist, publisher or academic
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with “KAS scholarship” in the subject heading.
For more information, visit KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship.